Welcome to my latest musical offering titled “Acoustic Pathways” - another all-original instrumental album featuring Acoustic Guitar only - my 9th release since 2005. For your info I am a Canadian Guitarist, Singer and Songwriter from Whitby, Ontario!
This is really a continuation of my last album “Riding A Bicycle” - one instrument - all original - an eclectic blend of musical styles - no particular genre but simply an acoustic music album.
Much thanks goes out to David Tkaczuk at D & D Music in Scarborough, ON for the use of his studio and recording engineer expertise. Thanks also goes out to George Graves at Lacquer Channel in Toronto, ON for his superb mastering skills!
It takes an enormous amount of time and effort to write, record and promote a project like this. The satisfaction of recording and producing my own material is unbelievable and keeps me moving forward. I can only hope that you enjoy listening to the tunes as much as I did recording them.
1. Fisherman’s March - east coast jig/reel number - dedicated to all the fishermen in Atlantic Canada
2. Sally Ann Goes To The Mall - one of Sally Ann’s favourite pastimes - who is this mystery girl? - another east coast type tune
3. The Charleston Jive - up tempo jazz/blues number - ad lib guitar throughout
4. Finger Food - no chords - just single note playing - some interesting and intricate patterns in harmony
5. Willow Weeping - mellow finger picking tune
6. Bluesy Thang (part 2) - complete improvisation
7. Fast Ball - unique up tempo number using only the three bass strings on my guitar
8. Remember When - finger picking tune - recalling fond memories from days past
9. Tyler Reads A Book - I was at my daughter Kim’s house sitting on the couch with grandsons Tyler, 7 and Dylan, 2 - Tyler was reading one of his school books to us - a magical moment
10. Ride The White Stallion - finger picking tune to wrap things up
buy the album here: http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/loudeadder5